Suitable for all clients above the age of 2 and half years old
• Any client above 2 ½ years or older
• Spasticity (increased muscle tone)
• Hypotonia (low muscle tone)
What is the Therasuit Method® Intensive Program?
Therasuit Method Intensive Program is an intensive individualized therapy program that accelerates functional progress. The program uses the Therasuit® (a soft canvas suit with bungee-like cords attached) and the Universal Exercise Unit (“Spider Cage”) to allow the client to learn new and correct patterns of movement through strengthening and functional skills practice. The Therasuit Program is ideal for those looking to meet functional goals at an accelerated rate as compared to traditional therapy.
Goals of the Therasuit Progam
• Improve independence with activities of daily living (self-care, feeding & dressing)
• Improve body and spatial awareness
• Improve balance and coordination
• Re-trains central nervous system
• Provides external stabilization
• Provides tactile stimulation
• Influences the vestibular system
• Decreases uncontrolled movements in ataxia and athetosis
• Promotes development of fine and gross motor skill
• Helps improve hip alignment through vertical loading over the hip joint
Therasuit Method Intensive Program is currently offered at Advanced Rehab Center. TheraSuit Method trained physical therapists use this approach to develop an individualized treatment plan for each client. The program includes a three-hour session, five days a week, for three weeks.
A typical session includes:
• Tone reduction and sensory integration techniques
• Stretching & strengthening exercises
• Balance, coordination and endurance training
• Transfers, functional activities and gait training